Fossil fuels are depletable, and they pollute the environment. For these reasons, we need to change the way we live. One of the best ways to overcome fossil fuels is to “start using renewable energy sources”. This is why solar-powered Bluetooth speakers are the way to go. The first reason why you should consider using solar-powered speakers is that you do not pollute the environment and also you do not incur any cost to use them.
In this post, we bring the “Top five solar-powered Bluetooth speakers” in the market today. Bluetooth enables you to connect to any device easily. Besides that, you will be able to listen to your favorite music anywhere because these speakers are portable. Moreover, they set you free from wire connections. In addition to that, it gives you an abundant availability of power source – the sun. Also, it works for your health’s good in that it does not have any harmful emissions.
Most importantly, solar-powered Bluetooth speakers are equipped with salient features, user-friendly, they are convenient and other capabilities that enhance their use. However, when you are looking for a speaker, ensure that it is weather-resistant; it has a high-quality audio quality and can quickly charge. Such features will ensure that your user experience is excellent.
The following are some of the reasons as to why you should start using solar-powered Bluetooth speakers:
- Renewable source of energy – the biggest challenge facing humanity today is climate change and using green energy is the best solution. Fossil fuels are the most significant contributor to global warming. Using a solar-powered speaker will go a great length in saving our world.
- Reduction of CO2 production – as compared to regular Bluetooth speakers, solar-powered speakers do not emit any harmful compounds into the environment. The regular Bluetooth speakers rely on power that is produced from fossil fuels which emit a lot of CO2 into the atmosphere. Although the solar panel on the speaker is small, and it will take longer to charge, but in the long run, it will help to reduce the emission of CO2 gas into the environment.
However, the most significant drawback to using solar-powered Bluetooth speakers is that it is limited in the solar panel size. Generally speaking, in order for a solar panel to charge fast and effectively, it needs to be large. The Bluetooth speakers use small solar panels so that they can be portable, which means they require more time to charge. Besides that, the exposure of the solar panel will affect the charging time. The solar might be either exposed directly or indirectly.
How Solar Panels Work!
In the recent past, due to the reduction in the cost of solar panels and the advancement in technology, more and more families are turning to solar panels as the source of power. But do you understand how a solar panel works? Well, in this section we will enlighten you.
A solar panel works by absorbing the sunlight with the help of photovoltaic cells.
The cells help to generate direct current (DC), which can be converted into alternating current (AC), which is the usable form with the help of an inverter. The AC energy is the one that flows to the electrical panel from where it is distributed to different electrical appliances in the home.
We can illustrate the mains steps on how the solar panel works in the following four steps:
Step 1: The photovoltaic cells on the surface of the solar panel absorb the sunlight and convert it into direct current.
Step 2: The inverter helps to convert the direct current into alternating current, which is the usable form by most home appliances.
Step 3: The AC energy is distributed to different parts of your home that are connected.
Step 4: The excess energy that is produced is stored in the grid for later use.
Top 5 Solar Powered Bluetooth Speakers
1. MicroSolar Bluetooth Speaker
This Bluetooth speaker has a battery that can last up to 10 hours when fully charged. The solar is placed on top of the speaker, and it is able to absorb enough sunlight to charge the speaker’s battery. The good thing about this speaker is that you do have to wait for it to fully charge before you can start using it. You can play while it is charging.
Besides that, it is waterproof so you can use it outdoors even when it is raining. It has excellent construction, so it will last for a long time. However, the USB port is covered with silicon which might be an entry point of water.
It connects via Bluetooth, and the connection is stable. However, it can only connect to one device at a time. For this reason, you need to disconnect any equipment that was connected previously before you can connect a new device.
Most importantly, this speaker has exceptional audio quality. If you want to get the best sound quality from this speaker, you need to hang it on a raised platform. This is because the speaker is designed facing downwards, so if you place it on the floor, the sound might not be very clear.
- Solid construction
- The battery life is good – 10 hours
- It is waterproof
- Bluetooth connectivity is good
- Has an exceptional sound quality
- You must hang it on a raised level to get a clear sound quality
- It is not the loudest Bluetooth speaker
2. Ivation 7-in-1 Bluetooth and Radio Speaker
This speaker enjoys the latest design and technologies. It is designed to use both a hand-operated dynamo and a solar panel. Besides that, it is capable of playing music via the radio and Bluetooth connection.
Apart from that, when it is fully charged, you can use it to charge your mobile phone. Other features in this speaker include a flashlight, am alarm and a clock with dates. In addition to that, it has an emergency signal which you can use when in distress. To say but the least, this speaker is a jack of all trades.
Most importantly, it has excellent sound quality. Also, the volume is loud enough. However, the solar panel does not charge fast, and the battery does not last for long. But since it uses dynamo power, you can manually charge the battery and continue enjoying your music.
Additionally, the extra features on this speaker are very crucial more, especially when you go out in the woods. For instance, if you go out and it becomes dark before you get back, you can use the flashlight to see your path. Also, the clock and date will help you manage your time well and even if your phone power dies out in the bush, you can charge it. All these things put together, Ivation speaker a real outdoor speaker.
- The hand-operated dynamo is ideal for emergency charging anywhere you are
- It has a high volume
- The sound quality is outstanding
- Most of the extra features make it a perfect outdoor speaker.
- It is multipurpose
- The solar panel charges slowly
- The battery is weak because it does not retain power for long
3. Renogy Solar Bluetooth Speaker – Portable Wireless Speaker
This speaker has a compact design so you can easily carry it from place to place. One of the outstanding features of this is its rich bass. The solar panel is placed on the top, and it is made of monocrystalline cells which help to charge the battery fast.
The battery has 5000 mAh, which ensures that it lasts for long. Besides that, it has an excellent and well-balanced sound quality.
It connects via Bluetooth, and the connection is stable. Also, it can pair with most smart devices such as a tablet, smartphone, and laptop. In addition to that, it has a USB port that you can use to charge other devices when it is fully charged, such as your phone.
Most importantly, it is waterproof, which makes it ideal for outdoor use, including a pool party. Also, it has two LED lights which you can use as light more especially during the dark.
- The sound quality is well balanced, and it has a rich bass
- It is water-resistant
- The battery can play up to 10 hours nonstop
- USB charging
- Lightweight and portable
- It is not sand-proof so that it can get dirty
4. Renogy E.Tunes Solar Bluetooth Speaker
Renogy is a renowned company that creates a wide range of solar-powered pieces of equipment. This speaker comes with salient features such as a big rechargeable battery, and when it is fully charged, it can be used to charge other devices.
Besides that, it comes LED flashlights which makes it ideal for outdoor use. Although it has a bulky make, the construction is solid. It is built waterproof so you can use it during a rainy season and it can be submerged in water without getting damaged.
The control features are placed on the upper side, and they are user-friendly. Some of the controls include a flashlight button, volume control buttons, power button, play or pause button, USB power bank port and a micro USB charging port.
It can be connected via two options, i.e. Bluetooth and AUX connection. The Bluetooth connection is strong, and it can pair within a range of up to 30 feet. However, it can only pair with one device at a time.
The battery can last up to 10 hours of continuous play when it is fully charged. Also, you can use the battery to charge your phone, but it will reduce the speaker’s playtime. Besides that, it comes with an inbuilt flashlight that you can use during the dark.
It also uses “two 5W drivers” which offers an impressive sound quality. In addition to that, it has a slight bass accompaniment.
- The sound quality is impressive
- The battery life is good
- Can connect either via Bluetooth or AUX connection
- It has a flashlight for use during the dark
- The control system is simple to use
- It’s bulky
- Cannot pair with more than one device at a time
- The solar panel takes long to charge
5. Eton Rukus Portable Bluetooth Solar-powered Wireless Speaker
This is among the best solar-powered Bluetooth speakers available in the market today. It is a wireless speaker that is designed to look like a pair of binoculars. It has a handle for convenient carrying.
The upper part has a solar panel and control buttons. It charges via the micro USB port. The lower part of the speaker has an elastic band where you can place your smartphone.
Besides that, it comes with a power bank and a speakerphone. When the battery is fully charged, it can last up to six hours.
The audio quality of this speaker is satisfactory. However, if you are a bass lover, the bass is not very rich. Also, it has a moderate volume.
- It acts as a power bank
- Comes with a speakerphone
- The sound quality id impressive
- Has an integrated handle for convenient carrying
- It is lightweight and portable
- Has an elastic band on the lower side for holding the smartphone
- The bass quality needs to be improved.
- The battery life can be improved.
Also, read –
- Top 5 Best Turntable Mats - Best Compact Mini Audio Receivers - Best Lightweight Electric Guitars - Best waterproof headphones for swimming - Best Tailgate Speakers – Buying Guide
Before you purchase any solar-powered Bluetooth speaker, you need to take the following things into consideration:
Speakers come in a variety of designs to choose from. Also, the solar panels are incorporated differently into these Bluetooth speakers. Some are designed to be used outdoors while others are designed for function rather than decorative. Some have bigger solar panels which makes them difficult to carry around but should be kept in one place. So, depending on where you wish to use the speaker, choose a design that will suit your needs.
Most solar-powered Bluetooth speakers are meant to be used outdoors. For this reason, it is critical to look at the protection of the speaker as listed by the company. Some of the elements that you should take into consideration include:
- Waterproof – the speaker should be able to play even when it is slightly submerged in water for a few minutes.
- Shock-proof – it should be made to withstand regular movement around and jostling. Also, it should be durable.
- Dust-proof – it should have protection against sand and debris, among other things that might be available in the environment.
- Drop-proof – it should have a solid construction which will help to prevent damage even when it drops.
However, you should remember that everything has a limit or threshold during which it can withstand any of the above mentions factors.
The speaker should be able to retain power as compared to the wired speaker. Also, if possible, it should be made of more sustainable materials such as bamboo or any other environmentally friendly material. Also, if the battery is durable and stores power for a long time, you can use the extra power to charge other devices.
Different speakers have different pairing abilities. There are some speakers that are designed to be paired with only models from the same company. Also, there are those models that are designed to be paired with any device. However, most Bluetooth speakers nowadays can pair with almost any device. Most importantly, since most of these speakers are for outdoor use, you should consider the pairing strength.
5. Clips, Hooks, and Straps
Most solar-powered Bluetooth speakers are portable and mobile. For convenience purposes, they are designed with clips, hooks, and straps so that you can attach them to different objects as you move around. You can use the straps, clips, and hooks to attach the speaker to the bicycle, tether to the backpack or hang from a tree.
While the primary purpose of solar-powered speakers is to play music, some speakers are designed to offer light in a dark place. They might come attached with LED lights which will help to provide a means of lighting in the darkness.